|Weight Class||Very Heavy|
|Final Smash||Konga Blast, Arcade. Coconut Gun|
Donkey Kong is a heavyweight fighter who hits hard, has decent range, and has incredibly deadly options out of a grab. Donkey Kong has a unique throw that allows him to carry opponents on his back. He is able to walk in either direction, jump, and throw in any direction while he has an opponent in cargo. The up throw out of cargo is notorious for setting up both combos and KOs, especially on fastfallers. Donkey Kong has many moves with decent range like his back air and his Hand Slap, the latter of which is great at tech chasing, as it can cover multiple options at once. With his heavy damage dealing moves and his aerial and grab combos, Donkey Kong doesn't have much trouble setting up a hit with his forward aerial, his Giant Punch, or any of his other finishers.
However, DK suffers from mobility issues. A long jumping animation gives him a slow wavedash, and while his dashing speed is high, he suffers from a low air speed and an incredibly short return. Combined with his large size, this makes him an easy target to combo or kill. As well as this, while he has a great horizontal recovery, his vertical recovery is quite sub-par to the rest of the cast.
Changes from Brawl to Worlds CollideEdit
- Dash attack has been changed. It is now a roll similar to that of the Donkey Kong Country series. It acts much like the original one, but has light armor and can roll off edges and platforms similar to Kirby's Melee dash attack. Can be jumped out of in midair. Overall has more utility than the old dash attack.
- Neutral aerial is now an effective approach option; it was given more range and slight invincibility on his arms during part of the attack.
- Forward aerial comes out faster and has more KO potential.
- Down aerial's ending lag has been shortened.
- Back throw's knockback has increased.
- Hand Slap now has much wider grounded hitboxes that ground-bounce the opponent and only slaps the ground twice per button press (making it optionally much shorter); it functions well for shield pressure and tech-chasing.
These are Donkey Kong's moveset as of right now
|Neutral Attack||, ,|
|Floor Attack (Front)|
|Floor Attack (Back)|
|Floor Attack (Trip)|
|Edge Attack (fast)|
|Edge Attack (Slow)|
|Final Smash #1||Konga Beat||4% Off Beat, 10% On Beat||Donkey Kong takes out his congo drums and plays a tune. By hitting the A button with a certain rhythm, the attack becomes much more powerful, along with having Donkey Kong clapping added.|
|Final Smash #2||Arcade||8% per hit||Donkey Kong leaps into the air and lands on a steel girder that appears in the background. The player will then be able to control a targeting reticule|
|Final Smash #3||Coconut Gun||38%||Donkey Kong gets out the Coconut gun and starts shooting forward at the Opponent|